Update to Querying Active Directory on SQL Server using CLR

I’ve just posted an update to my article Querying Active Directory on SQL Server using CLR. I’ve added another 2 parameters to the samples which one of them allows control the Page Size limit for paged AD Search and the second one allows limit the number of rows returned to the client. This can be handful when the AD query can return more results than we need. In such case it’s easy to limit the number of rows.

I’ve updated the article after the comment from Chris, when he received an insufficient memory error when he wanted to return a higher number of fields from AD.

In this case the lowering the page size from 1000 to lower values should avoid this kind of problems.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s